Monday 4 October 2010

Victorian Dun Laoghaire

what I miss about home is... Victorian Dun Laoghaire...
.
Victorian Dun Laoghaire
.
This is the view from the promenade that leads up to the East or Bandstand Pier. Many a time my Aunt used to take me and my brother here to catch crabs and shrimps and marvel at the mail boat coming in and going out. We would look across the bay to Howth... down the coast to Bray.

Is it just me or have these places changed? A different type of people congregate here now.

Once again I am reminded of Marietta biscuits and orange lemonade...

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shot. I presume I know the aunt you mean ;)

    I'd love to get copies of some of your Dun Laoghaire shots if possible. Living in land-locked Cavan, I really love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do indeed Mairead. I'll sort out a cd for you... If you let me take your portrait when I am next home. Thanks for the comments...

    Btw, I don't have your email addr...(I enjoy our tweet moments!)

    Take care,
    Noel

    ReplyDelete